1. Mirwaiz Umar Farooq is surrounded by mediaperson and his supporters after he came out of Jamia Masjid having delivered hate speech and inciting crowd against Indian rule. His departure is followed by stone pelting which is a norm especially on Friday afternoons. Stone pelting typically ends after few hours but on May 26th, it was his first speech after nearly a week of house arrest and hence stone pelting continued till dark
2. Mirwaiz Umar Farooq delivering his hate speech to the crowd inside Masjid just before afternoon prayers. Incited by him and seeking God's support in prayers, handful of mis-guided youth resort to stone pelting to vent out their mis-guided anger and energies.
3. Stone pelters wearing Pakistan t-shirt and carrying Pakistan flag raise pro independence and Pakistan slogans to build momentum to pelt stones.
4. Stone pelter wide his arms wide open challenging Indian security forces to hurt him. Stone pelters hurl stones at Indian forces from a distance with escape route to go inside Jamia Masjid is always ensured. Indian forces always answer back with small catapulted pebble as symbolic answer till situation forces them to act to control.
5. A small wrongly motivated kid also joins the stone pelting momentarily. Till the security forces do not enter smaller lanes around Masjid, it is pretty harmless and normal situation, perhaps to which residents have adapted to. People cam be seen as spectators and watching how the situation develops.
6. As the news of death of Sabzar Bhat spread, so did the protests and stone pelting. Seen here is police trying to control stone pelting by students inside Amar Singh College, Srinagar. Death of the militant angered the youth and seperatist supporters leading to wide scale protests in different areas of South Kashmir.
7. Indian security forces exercise maximum restraint even in tense and volatile situations. Seen here are two security personnel judging the situation and determining their need and extend of action.
8. As protests went out of control, security forces had to resort to action resulting in injuries to stone pelters and their supporters. Seen here is an individual being shifted from ambulance to inside hospital in SMHS Hospital, Srinagar
9. As the injured poured in, civilians who were already present in the hospital, raised slogans in support of Islam and peace giving clear indication that neither they liked nor supported what is happening and also they felt that Islam is being targeted.
10. Stones is what remains at the end. Stone pelters after throwing their stones and exhausting their energies escape, taking cover of darkness and narrow alleys. Security forces return to their bases unable to proceed further. What is left is stones which can be seen everywhere as mark of what is left.